Notary Public, Voter Registration, Exam Proctoring, License Renewal
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election (or for a General Primary, must be 17 and will be 18 by the General Election)
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- Your Illinois Drivers License number or Illinois Secretary of State issued State ID number
- Date the license or ID was issued
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your birth date
In order to vote on a DeKalb County ballot you must be registered to vote at your current DeKalb County residential address. There are many opportunities and options for you to register to vote. You may register to vote at most local municipalities -including Sycamore Library.
To ensure one of our voter registrars will be available to assist you, please contact the library at 815-895-2500 before your visit. When registering, be sure to bring two forms of identification with you, one of which must have your correct name and address on it. You do not need a photo ID to register.
As part of our support for life-long learning, we’re glad to serve as a proctoring site for your professional or student examination. We provide space to take written exams, as well as public access computers for online exams, during regular library hours. Book an appointment by calling 815-895-2500 ext. 410.
All requests for proctoring services must be received by the Library at least one week in advance. Please contact the library to confirm your appointment before the date of the exam and to ensure all materials have been received.
For paper exams, we can book a private study room for you. The library staff proctoring your exam do not stay in the room with you, unless instructed to do so, but may check on the student periodically.
To get a copy of the exam to library staff, your school or institution can send your exam, and any necessary documentation or passwords via email.
More details coming soon!