Curbside pickup available at the Sycamore Public Library!
Our Library building is closed but we are still here for you! Place holds any time online or during business hours by phone. Call 815-895-2500 ext. 410 for placing holds and helpful reader’s advisory. Each card may place up to 45 holds at one time.
HOW DOES CURBSIDE PICKUP WORK?
- Log in to your Library Account using the online catalog
OR call (815) 895-2500 ext. 410 to have a staff member put items on hold for you.
- Search for items, and place a hold on what you’d like to borrow.
- Once the item becomes available, you’ll receive a notification via email or a phone call, no need to further contact the library.
- When you have received your notification, come to the library during curbside hours (No appointment necessary) Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Park in a designated curbside pickup spot, and dial the extension listed on your sign. Tell the staff member your name and spot number.
- Items will be checked out to your account while you wait in your car. Please be patient as we process your items.
- Library staff will place items in your open trunk (please stay in your vehicle with the windows closed) we are happy to close your trunk for you, unless otherwise directed.
Staff are happy to utilize curbside pickup to bring any service to you! If you need services that are not available virtually or through Curbside, contact us for additional accommodations by chat, email, or telephone. Stay connected with us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for the most up to date information from the library.
All bookdrops are open. Returned materials continue to be quarantined before they are checked in (disregard all overdue notices for returned items.) No fines will be charged during this time
*Curbside Pickup will not be offered on holidays.