The Library Board of Trustees meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm in Meeting Room 3
Current board members:
Melissa Kendzora-Smith (President), term expiration – May 2024
Jan Benson, term expiration – May 2024
Elizabeth Coats, term expiration – May 2024
Nancy Copple, term expiration – May 2024
AJ Hofer, term expiration – May 2024
Kyle Von Schnase, term expiration – May 2023
Eamon Verdone, term expiration – May 2023
Alex Wall, term expiration – May 2023
Kevin White, term expiration – May 2024
The Library Board can be contacted at email@example.com
BOARD MEMBER INTEREST
Are you a City of Sycamore resident who is 18 years of age or older and LOVES your library? If so, WE NEED YOU! Support your library with your time, energy, and enthusiasm by becoming a board member. All board meetings are open to the public. Feel free to attend a meeting to learn more about current projects and participating on a board. Questions? Contact us to learn more! Interested in joining us? Complete the Board Member Interest Form below.
We’re looking for:
- Visionaries who believe in the importance and future of public libraries in community life.
- Collaborators who are willing to listen, learn, ask questions, and share their thoughts and ideas.
- Advocates who will share the great work the library is doing with others throughout the community.
- 1.5-2 hours on the 2nd Tuesday of each month to attend Board meetings (meetings begin at 5:30 pm).
- Additional time to read Board packets and participate in occasional committee meetings, library programs, and training sessions.
Annual Report Budget Strategic Plan Board By Laws
Board and Director Responsibilities Fiscal Accountability Policy
In accordance with Public Act 97-0609 (Illinois Compiled Statute 5 ILCS 120/7.3), a list of all employees whose total compensation package exceeds $75,000 is available in the library’s Administration Office. This statute defines “total compensation package” as: salary, employer-paid health insurance premiums, housing allowance, vehicle allowance, clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted within the fiscal year, and sick days granted within the fiscal year. Sycamore Public Library does not provide housing allowances, vehicle allowances, clothing allowances, or loans to its employees. The Administration Office is located on the 2nd floor of the library and is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.