About Your Library Card
Where you can use your card:
- at Sycamore Public Library
- at many libraries in Illinois including DeKalb, Cortland, and Malta Library
You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Report any lost or damaged materials promptly.
- Lost or Stolen Cards: Notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen; a lost or damaged card can be replaced.
To replace a library card:
- Present two forms of identification with your name and current address to the Circulation Desk.
- Pay replacement fee ($1.00-$2.00 depending on desired cards).
If you move, be sure to notify SPL of your new address.
Get a Library Card
Getting your library card is easy. Just bring a current photo ID and proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) to the Circulation Desk, and complete an application. Children ages 8-15 years will need a parent/guardian with them to apply for a library card.
Types of Cards:
Household Card: All members of the same household who show that they live at the same address with approved identification. Any family member listed on the account may be given information regarding this account by a library staff member.
Non Resident Fee Card, click HERE for full details.
Individual Card: One person sixteen years of age or older. Only the person listed on the account may be
given information regarding the account by library staff.
Youth Card: A parent may choose to allow a child eight years of age or older to have his/her own library card. The parent or legal guardian must sign the application until the child reaches the age of 16 and may withdraw a child’s card at any time. Only the child listed on the library card may be given information regarding the account by library staff.
Click HERE for full card details.
|Material Type||Loan Period||May Be Renewed Once*||Overdue Fines Per Day|
|DVDs-TV Series||3 weeks||Yes||20¢|
|Music CDs||3 weeks||Yes||20¢|
|Interlibrary Loan Materials||TBD||Yes||$1.00|
* Items which have been requested by another person cannot be renewed. Most items can be renewed online, simply log into your library account HERE.
Click HERE to pay your fines online
Renewing Your Library Card
To renew a library card:
- Bring your card to the Circulation Desk along with an ID that shows your name and current address.
- If your ID doesn’t show your correct address, other acceptable documents to verify residency are:
- Insurance Card (Must have preprinted address)
- Preprinted Check
- Utility Bill (Must be issued within the last 2 months)
- Vehicle Registration
- Pay Stub (Must be issued within the last 2 months)