The Library Board of Trustees meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm in Meeting Room 3
Current board members:
Jim Bisceglie, term expiration – May 2019
Nancy Copple, term expiration – May 2019
Alex Wall, term expiration – May 2020
Kyle Von Schnase, term expiration – May 2020
Omar Ordaz, term expiration – May 2020
Penny Carter, term expiration – May 2021
Elizabeth Coates, term expiration – May 2021
Jan Benson, term expiration – May 2021
Melissa Kendzora-Smith (President), term expiration – May 2021
BOARD MEMBER INTEREST
Are you a City of Sycamore resident who is 18 years of age or older and LOVES your library? If so, WE NEED YOU! Support your library with your time, energy, and enthusiasm by becoming a board member. All board meetings are open to the public. Feel free to attend a meeting to learn more about current projects and participating on a board. Questions? Contact us to learn more! Interested in joining us? Complete the Board Member Interest Form below.
We’re looking for:
- Visionaries who believe in the importance and future of public libraries in community life.
- Collaborators who are willing to listen, learn, ask questions, and share their thoughts and ideas.
- Advocates who will share the great work the library is doing with others throughout the community.
- 1.5-2 hours on the 2nd Tuesday of each month to attend Board meetings (meetings begin at 5:30 pm).
- Additional time to read Board packets and participate in occasional committee meetings, library programs, and training sessions.
Pursuant to Public Act 97-0609 (Illinois Compiled Statute 5 ILCS 120/7.3), which is part of the Open Meetings Act, the Total Compensation Package Chart for Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) employees that have a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000 per year must be made available to the public.